I have had Mitral Valve Prolapse since I was 11. Palpitations has been the main symptom but has caused no real issues.
Yearly it has been checked and monitored.

3 years ago I had an Echo done that showed :

Mild Mitral Valve Prolapse with Trace Regurgitation
Trace Pulmonic Regurgitation
Trace Tricuspid Regurgitation
Evidence of a Intra Atrial Septal Aneurysm.

I had a NEW echo done last week and it says :

Mild Mitral Valve Prolapse with Trace Regurgitation and Wall Thickening
Trace Pulmonic Regurgitation
Moderate Tricuspid Regurgitation
No evidence of Septal Aneurysm

My biggest concern is how fast the Tricuspid Regurgitation progressed form TRACE to MODERATE in just 3 years and WHY?

They wanted to do the new Echo seeing I hadn't had one in a few years and because I was having alot of palpitations as well as my neck veins protrude sometimes and my neck feels full or under pressure. But after these results came back no one seemed to concerned, and I have no Health Insurance so the Cardiologist I was suppose to be referred to claims " I'm not taking new patients." I know it's just because I'm not insured and not worth his time.

So can anyone enlighten me about this change I have with the Tricuspid Valve? Is it dangerous? Should I be worried?

Thanks!

Hi! I totally understand how it feels not to have a health insurance. I did a small research and I found that the most common cause of tricuspid regurgitation is swelling of the right ventricle. Such swelling may be a complication of any disorder that causes failure of the right ventricle. Tricuspid regurgitation may also be caused by or made worse by valve disease on the left side of the heart such as mitral regugitation and mitral stenosis. Other diseases can directly affect the tricuspid valve, such as rheumatic fever, which is a complication of untreated strep throat infections. Tricuspid regurgitation may be found in those with a type of congenital heart disease called Ebstein's anomaly. Other infrequent causes of tricuspid regurgitation include: Carcinoid tumors, which release a hormone that damages the valve; Marfan syndrome; Injury; Rheumatoid arthritis; Radiation therapy. Another important risk factor for tricuspid regurgitation is use of the diet medications phentermine and fenfluramine or dexfenfluramine. Treatment may not be needed if there are few or no symptoms. Any invasive procedure, including dental work and cleaning, can introduce bacteria into your bloodstream. The bacteria can infect a damaged mitral valve, causing endocarditis. Always tell your doctor and dentist if you have a history of heart valve disease or congenital heart disease before treatment. By taking antibiotics before dental or other invasive procedures you may decrease your risk of endocarditis. So you just need to be extra careful.