Hi everybody. I’m a 34 year old female. Several months ago I started having some neuro problems and was sent to a neurologist. I had a MRI and now my neurologist is talking about Devics syndrome. Also, he was more than interested in hearing that I was in the ICU few years ago with Varicella Pneumonis. What is the conection between the two?? Is this something serious or it will go away?

Devics Syndrome is a form of demyelinating disease (just like like MS) but typically only affects the vision and the spinal cord. There is some evidence that a virus such as varicella may play a role in diseases such as MS and devices syndrome, but this has not been proven yet – maybe that is the reason for your neuro being interested. But, ifyou have any concerns a second opinion with an MS specialist would be reasonable. Good luck.

A few months ago while sleeping, I woke up with a strange numbness and tingling in my right arm the next day my pupil in my right eye became very constriceted. Even in the darkness it would not respond. I was sent to several eye doctors and admitted to the hospital for testing. The last night in the hospital the pain in my arm came back. The next day I couldn't talk without stutterin and stammering. The speech problem lasted only 7 days and my right eye is still not back to normal. Then I was getting sensations of Ice cold on different parts of my right side. Then the vibrations started. Feelings of having my pager on vibrate. All symptoms were on the right side until last week. The veelings of vibration started on my left side along with the sensation that someone was poking my back and neck. Spinal tests have not come back yet so I don't know what's going on. Does any of this sounf familliar to anyone?

Thanks, Kolo