Hi

I’ve been diagnosed with acid reflux and GERD almost a year ago and all my symptoms were pretty much under control with the help of treatment of Protonix and watching my diet a bit more, but recently I started experiencing burning chest pain again. The only event I can tie the start of the symptoms is when I used the oven cleaner, however, I was careful and don’t think I inhaled too much of it to damage my stomach again.

I’m currently without insurance, so I can’t still see my GI specialist. but is it possible that even the short exposure to oven cleaner can bring up heartburn and chest pain?