I read through 3 of the 12 pages of opinions and experiences from everyone else and I'd first like to say that it's calming to know that I'm not the only one. I've been dealing with aggravation, itchiness, pain for about 5 years now and haven't found anything that works for longer than a week or two at the most. the one time I went to a dermatologist she diagnosed it as angular chelitis and perleche (primarily happens in the corners of the mouth) but the only time that seems to subside a little bit is when the rest of my lips get red, swollen, chapped, weepy, painful, and then they get at least 4 deep cracks all over. she prescribed 2 creams to apply at different times throughout the day/night, ketoconazole and I believe mupirocin, they helped my perleche for about a week and suprise! it came back. it makes it impossible to smile, laugh, or even just carry a conversation because moving your lips in any way just causes more pain and irritation. and the fact that my lips no longer come together at a nice point in the corners like normal lips is depressing and embarrassing. I feel like a clown with wide red makeup around my mouth.
other forums/sites I've been to have mentioned "cracks, pain, discomfort, etc for several months" the longest I had ever seen was "about a year", I'm going on at least 5.
help, please please please.

I've been suffering with angular cheilitis for about two years now. I was wondering whether you had managed to find anything that works?