Hey everybody - A couple of days ago I noticed a very slightly tingly spot and tiny, literally TINY (like the size of a needle tip) pimple/bump on the edge of my bottom lip on the right where the lip meets the skin. It is not clustered and does not seem to be spreading, since I touched it a couple of times and nothing occurred in the same area. However I noticed a little bit later that there was a not-tingly bump in the exact same spot on my upper lip and I'm not sure whether it spread there or was there to begin with without my noticing. I also had angular cheilitis as a result of a cold/extremely chapped lips around two weeks ago. I am less concerned about this because I know it was a direct result of the picking/chapping I experienced and it is on the opposite side of my mouth (no possibility of contact) but I'm wondering if it might be related. Anyway I freaked out that this might be herpes because I'm seeing a boy and I don't want to give him anything (honestly I have no clue where this could have come from because we've been together for 3 months, he appears clean and I haven't kissed/touched anyone else) so I bought lysine ointment and have been using it. The original bumps have not changed or spread at all but I noticed another itty bitty one on the other side of my bottom lip this morning which I'm fairly sure was not there yesterday. These do not seem to resemble herpes at all but I am very worried about it and am having trouble coming up with excuses not to kiss my boyfriend until they go away or I can be sure they're nothing. He cannot even see them (I haven't mentioned anything yet but he hasn't noticed) - however I don't want to give him anything by accident. Here are some pictures - any help would be appreciated! http://news.webshots.com/photo/2977225330106923375MENBwt (left side of lips w/ angular cheilitis and third dot) http://news.webshots.com/photo/2042256810106923375WMxsvH (right side of lips w/ two dots in same spot on top/bottom - a little blurry but there!) Thanks so much! I am hoping I have nothing to worry about! An allergy maybe?

It doesn’t sound like genital herpes to me, mainly because if it was it would be the same king that caused lip sore and that one obviously does create blisters when your immune system gets weaker, like when you have cold. You know how long it took for lip sore to form – has it been that long since you spotted these tiny bumps? And you definitely should count in the fact that the longer you look and wonder about what that is, the bigger and more sinister they begin to look. It could be as simple as an irritated follicle or ingrown hair, judging by the size of it.

So what did you do? How long did it take before they went away? How did you treat them?

Just wondering did you ever find out what it was?