My daughter, 6 years old now, was diagnosed with rare Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome which mainly manifests itself as connective tissue disorder. What’s the worst thing about it, it can affect literally any organ in her body, so we really can’t know what the future will have in store for her. However, what is starting to worry my husband and me now is that Tammy might be showing signs of Asperger’s, too.

This is mostly visible in her lack of need for any social interaction with other children, and even with us sometimes. She'd much rather stay in house and play with her brick toys then spend any time with her sister or other kids. Does anyone know is there a connection between these two syndromes and should we investigate into Asperger’s further?

EDS and autism 6q deletions from 6q26 and 6q27

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use