Last December I had a colonoscopy (although I was only 19) and a colon polyp was found. Since then the same symptoms I had before the polyp was removed have returned, diarrhea, mucous in my stool, and at times red blood accompanying my stool. I often suffer from having urgent bowel movements directly after I eat. Has anyone else ever had these problems before? I am a bit worried since I had the polyp removed over half a year ago and the symptoms came back!

My son having same symptoms, 22 years old. Had colonoscopy today, awaiting biopsy results. Anything new with your results?

this worries me also.. i have recently developed these symptoms and i too am only 19..write back, it would be useful to hear your story

I am 21, an last year i had salmonella Group D off a burger i was in hospitol an in isolation for 2 weeks, since i have had the same problems on an off i have had diahrear now for a month and i get mucous an blood i have been the doctors an i have reqested i have another camera scan! i am sick of them checkin my passage an not giving me results, i also found the tablets they gave me wen i had salmonella infact made me worse, i am embarresed to have this, in my social life i have no control over the mucous an it just comes out when it wants, Let me no if use find a cure

**edited by moderator**

I think you are suffering from Dysentery caused by Entamoeba Histolica or amoebiasis. It is associated with watery stools with or without blood. Pomegranate rind (The outer covering or the skin of the fruit) regulates the motility disorders, regulating peristalsis. Pomegranate Rind contains ingredients, which are Proato-cidal.

Try this some days, it might taste bitter. And if you want you can consult any naturopathist .

Hi jlawman2,

My wife has been experiencing the same problems since her colonoscopy in January '08.

No curative remedies have been recommended yet.

Have you anything to report at (sorry) your end?

_[removed]_

I AM 19 YEARS OLD AND JUST HAD MY SON 7 MONTHS AGO ... FOR THE PAST TWO MONTH I BEEN A LOT OUT OF MY RECTUM WHEN I TAKE A BOWEL MOVEMENT .. I AM SCARED BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS FATIGUE , I HAVE MUCUS AND BLOOD COMING OUT EVERYTIME I GO TO THE BATHROOM , AND I HAVE BEEN LOSING WEIGHT .. tHE THING THAT WORRIES ME IS THAT MY FAMILY LINE ALL THE WOMAN HAVE CANCER

Yes, I had few colonoscopy in the past. But only after the third of fourth one I started having diarrhea after some meal. It came many time after I drink coffee with milk.

I had a similar problem some time ago. I had a stool test and I was found to have H-Pylori bacterial infection. Apparently it is common to have H-Pylori infection all around the world but most times it does not effect people unless it gets rampant. A main symptom is an urgent bowel movement need right after eating. It is a simple test that requires having a bowel movement in a special container and then it is tested by the lab. A one week anti-biotic regime got rid of my problem.--Jim