I am female and 21 years of age. I was dianogsed with GERD at at the age of 17. I also was told to have IBS last year.

I know that having mucus in your stool is normal with people with GERD and IBS for the past few months, I have been worried about white seseme seed look alike things in my stool. I got tested for worms and took a pill that is gets rid of them. Unforunately, that is not the reason I have those white things.

But, is having white seseme white things in your stool normal for people that have IBS and/or GERD? I have been going crazy with this. The white things come off on.

Look, I am scared whenever I see something different in my stool. 

But everyone should know that all stools which have those white specks or spots are not normal and need to be investigated. Also, if you see them once and if you have them once,  you may ignore them. 

But if this continues, you should not ignore it. 

So, yes. it can be a part of it. Conditions such as IBS, Crohn’s disease, colitis etc. need to be considered especially because the mucous lining of the intestines are irritated in these conditions.

Even if in most of the cases white stool is not something that is scary, it can be especially if you already have some health issues. 

I have the same sesame seed flat looking things in my stools as well. have you found a cause for yours yet? I also have chronic stomach pain, and have not been able to find the cause.

Hey guys/gals....any news to this...I too have the same sesame like things in my stool and have chronic right side abdonmial pain... bloodwork and ultrasound revealed nothing thus far...

I need to know the answer to this too.

Hello people,

I had similar white things in my stools too. Doctor suspected IBS because of the constant cramping, bloating discomfort i used to get after a meal.

I eventually got tested for H. pylori infection, which was positive. Having treated the infection (one week course of lansoprazole (PPI), clarithromycin and amoxicillin (antibiotics)), my symptoms have calmed down tremendously and i haven't noticed any white things in my stools.

i still get mucus now and then i am still suffering from abdominal cramps when i eat sometimes. This may be due to an ulcer left behind after the H Pylori infection. Definitely ask to get checked for H Pylori (stool sample/breath test). It's helped ease my symptoms!

hey people it sounds as if you all need to go take a good sh*t

Shitter you are a complete id**t for making such a comment! You are obviously intentionally ignorant as well as insensitive. Your sh*t has migrated to your brain.