I'm a 22 year old female and two days ago I felt that I a stomach pain as if I were about to get diarrhea. I assumed it would happen and didn't think any more of it until later when I expected it to hit and it didn't. Instead, I began to get mild and strained gas and when I went to the bathroom no bowel movement was made. I wiped and on the paper I noticed what I assumed was very runny stool and possibly some blood. Every few minutes after that I returned to the bathroom and each time the same procedure. The results became more and more clear that it was not stool but instead blood and mucous/mucus. The smell was not at all resembling any stool I've come to notice and it sounds strange but I've been around it, I worked in a lab at a hospital for a while. I continued to feel like I needed to pass a bowel but felt constipated, as if I were passing gas and blood and mucus around the stool. I felt as if I needed to vomit, took and anti-diarrhetic, dealt with the stomach cramps and went to bed. The next day I woke up and the cramps persisted. I finally passed a bowel movement about an hour after I woke up. My stomach was not settled but it came out solid (possibly because of the medication?). I ate a solid meal a few hours later and felt fine. I have a history of stomach ulcers from years of over medication and felt as if that condition might be flaring up later. I ate and it calmed down. Two hours later the gas started back up and the blood and mucus game did as well. This time, the blood was finally coming out with the gas into the toilet and not just on the paper when I wiped. The pain is getting rather intense. It's Friday night. If the condition continues until Monday I'll go to the doctor because I'm not willing to pay for an ER visit and I'm not terribly worried. I don't think I have colon cancer. I suppose I could have colitis but it's awful early to think so. I just haven't found many entries where there has been blood and/or anal/rectal leakage WITHOUT bowel and stool and where the blood has been a deep maroon instead of a bright red. I was wondering if anyone has had symptoms similar to mine or any idea what it could be? Sorry to be so wordy! Any feedback would be really appreciated!

I have a very similar problem. I was wondering what had happened in the meantime (seven month after the original post was written).

actually, by monday it had all ended. the pain and the blood and the mucus went away and i went back to normal. i guess i should have gone to the doctor anyway but i didn't and it hasn't come back.

i am 25 and had the same problem i had a colonoscopy done and they found a colon polyp, it was small enough that they removed it during the colonoscopy and sent it off for biopsies to see if it is cancerous or not i get the results tomorrow. i think that you should keep an eye out on that because my problem began with diarhea that became more often and cramps the reason for my colonoscopy was because of that and the blood they wanted to see if it was crohns disease or colitis and instead found a small tumour ( colon polyp) so you never know

take metron df 2 tab a day for five days