My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer and his cousin died of it when she was 27. I have just had a colonoscopy and they found 3 polyps that were pre-cancerous. I know my chances of getting bowel cancer are increased because of my family history. What are the chances now that they have found these adenomous? SHould I be worried? Is it only a matter of time?

i AM 36 AND JUST HAD A COLON POLYP REMOVED 3 MONTHS AGO. i HAVE TO GO BACK IN 1 YR AND EVERY 3 YEARS AFTER THAT. i WAS TOLD THAT AS LONG AS i KEEP GETTING CHECKED THEN I should not worry unless I get more symptoms(bleeding,mucous etc) then I should get a colonoscopy right away. My Dr said polyps are very slow growing and it takes years to turn into cancer. If you have a family history then you should definitely be screened at least every 3 yrs.
Good luck!