I didn't know that babies can have so strong gas :/ I am 39 years old and this is my first kid, I need to admit, which means that I don't have a experience with it. But, I am learning very fast about everything, but I still can't deal with it. So, I was wondering did anyone had any luck with simethicone baby gas drops for colicky pain in infants? I don't know anyone who was giving those to the baby, but the pediatrics told me that they can help. I am willing to try, but I am skeptical for some reason :/ So, help! 

Hi there. Yes, actually. I had a luck with it (or they are that good). It is good because generally, a simethicone is an anti-foaming agent, but you can also give it to your baby and it can help your baby a lot, by just adding a very small dosage to a bubbly baby bottle of milk. If you shake the bottle after adding the simethicone, you’ll see the bubbles disappear and I think that this makes the trick. So, you can try it, I mean, it can't bother, right? I mean, those drops don't have a side - effects? 

I really don't know, I can't tell because I never was using any of those. It is my first kid and I didn't expect to have one since I was trying to get pregnant for 10 years and as soon as I give up on this, it just happened. So, I just can say that I am not prepared to this and I didn't even know that this type of thing exists, that so small baby can cry for days and days without a reason. That is really confusing for me and that is why I am trying to find the best information that I can. I think that there is no huge help from my pediatrics because he keeps telling me that a lot of moms have this issue and they are dealing with it.

My sister had a lucky with those lactose drops. Sure, not totally, I mean those drops didn't chase away the baby colicky pain forever, but they have helped her for sure. I know that several parents didn't find it helpful because a problem was generally in the milk of the mother, so those moms needed to find some other alternatives, such are the medications or anti-gas medications. But until you don't try, you don't know what can happen. I am saying that my sis really had a nice experience with those. I really hope that everyone will be able to find their alternative. Good luck.

Hi guys, so I am a dad and I saw that my baby has this gas pains and I don't know what to do. My wife is pretty much exhausted about this whole situation. So, I have decided to seek an medication for my angel alone, without her opinion, because she is a bit crazy because of this situation. And, I do understand her. So, I also have found an information that it says that those drops are really amazing, it seems that those drops are over-the-counter gas drops that contains a simethicone. This is a medicine that is actually designed to relieve painful symptoms associated with having too much gas in the stomach. The most important thing, it is safe for the babies. So, I bought those drops and I am going to try. Wish me luck.

Hi guys.

Gas drops seems to be very good if you have this constant struggle with colicky pain. Gas drops are a medical treatment and all of those have this active ingredient is called simethicone. This is actually an ingredient that somehow breaks up gas bubbles in the stomach, preventing the pain. This procedure makes the gas easier to pass. I know that very good choices are a Phazyme, and Mylicon. When you are using those drops, you should know that they can be mixed in water, or formula, if you are giving this to your baby, but also you can mix it with a breast milk and given to a baby.

Hi. My doctor offered me a solution between gas drops and gripe water. He told me imidaitelly that gas drops are considered safe for use in babies, but in one case you should avoid it - if your baby is being given thyroid hormone medications since it is known that it can adversely interact with gas drops. He also explained to me what this gripe water is, so I find it way safer and easier to use in my baby's case. So, I did. I can't say that I am super satisfied with it, because it took a while until I saw that my baby is ok. So, sometimes I do think about this drops and I am wondering - why I haven't given a chance to those drops?

I would not choose a gripe water. Drops are way better if you ask me. There are a couple of those, so you can generally choose what is the best for your baby, but of course, don't avoid your doctor. Mylicon and FidaBaby are the best rated at the market, so you should try those, do you agree? The most important thing is that they are totally safe and that is something that you don't need to be worried about. Personally, this is something that I would give to my baby as well. Those products are used to relieve all those ugly symptoms of extra gas that are caused by air swallowing or certain foods. Have a nice day.