Hey there. I am a new mom and I don't have pretty much experience with raising a kid. My son is 4 weeks old now and he is having a colicky pain that really bothers him a lot. I don't know what to do and what I can do about this, but I can see that he is in "pain" because of this, sometimes he can't even sleep and it bothers me and him as well. So, I was wondering are there some natural cures? There must be? How can I naturally help my baby? Please, let me know whatever you know. 

It is awful and only parents do know about this. I had this problem and my neighbors really believed that I am molesting my baby, which of course was not true. They didn't know what this is and they told me that they can't stand my baby constantly crying.  They? Really? So, I was crazy in finding a treatment for colicky pain in my baby. I realized that this is all about the foods that I am eating because colic is caused by tummy cramps and irritation and in that case, it is very important to figure out what you are eating and to adjust that foods to your baby who has this pain. It helped me. Good luck! 

Celebrity

Hello there. I wouldn't know that, but I know so many parents who had this problem. They tried to explain to me, but I just can't understand what is the feeling like when your baby is constantly crying for days without a reason. I mean, we think that there is no reason, but actually, it does. In some cases, your baby could have a bad latch. It happens very often. So, if you are a breastfeeding mama, you really should give up foods that can trigger baby colic symptoms. In this case, when a baby is fighting this, you should know that a dairy is a huge culprit. 

Celebrity

First, I know that parents are really scared, but you really need to know that colic isn't a sign that your baby is sick. I know, you can't stand the pain and you can't stand your babies tears - no one can, but it is something that we actually don't know what is the cause. The only thing that I really recommend you is that you try to make an environment for your baby really peaceful. This is one thing that really might help your baby to relax. For example, you can dim the lights, speak or sing in soothing tones. If that doesn't work, don't talk at all. It is important just to let her know that you are there for your baby and that your baby is safe. 

This is a general name, if you know that your kid has a colicky pain, that doesn't mean that it has the same one like all other babies, You should know that each type of colic has different symptoms, and according to them, it needs to be managed and treated in different ways. Those treatments are pretty much the same, but there are some differences as well. The only thing that I can tell you, as a parent, that helped me is that you should not be that concerned about this issues, but you can try some things such as giving smaller frequent feeds to your baby. It can definitely reduce the amount of lactose a baby takes each time. Try it and tell me does it works.

Health Advisor

I didn't know that something like this actually exists until I meet with this problem. It is hard for every parent to watch a baby struggling with this problem, your baby is crying and you don't know how to help your kid. You are desperate and you believe that you are doing something wrong. But, this is not true. Anyway, you should try to hold your baby upright when feeding. This is something that you do in the order to prevent them swallowing air. Also, you can avoid this by feeding your baby with a smaller amount more frequently. Hope it helps. 

In my case, nothing was helpful. I needed to be patient and I needed to control myself because in any other case, I would lose my mind. It lasted for four months and couple of days, but trust me, it seemed like it was something that lasted for years. I just can't describe you. Sure, I have tried almost everything, but nothing. Nothing was able to help us in preventing or controlling that. It is pretty messed up, but that is the only thing that I can say. So, in some cases, nothing is helpful, not even medications, not even the natural cures, but you have to stay focused and have just one thing in your mind - it will go away as your baby get older. Good luck!

Health Advisor

I am sorry to hear this that nothing was helpful, but that can happen for sure, it is nothing new at all. Maybe you should have tried some options that our grandparents were using, in order to prevent this and to help us. That was in the time when they didn't have a drop, probiotic drops, etc. My mom was telling me that my grandmother was using a simple towel because when placed on the abdomen it is warm, a towel can assist gas movement and reduce heartburn. So, all new parents, maybe you should consider this option as well. 

Good day there. Well, when I believed that there is nothing that actually can help my baby, my hubby and I discovered a pretty insane thing - a car riding. We discovered this totally spontaneous because we were not able to listen our Lara crying. So, we wanted to take her at the doctor, we went into the car and then the magic happened - she stopped with this crying moments. It seems that a ride in the car can do a wonders for babies with this problem. I know that this is not a solution, my she usually sleeps in the car and we carry her in the house. That was our way out of this problem.