Hello parents, I am desperate. My baby won't stop crying, for days now, she is crying every day for hours and hours and I don't know what to do about this. I am a breastfeeding mom and I am aware that this may be a reason why my baby has a colicky pain. I know that this may be the cause, but I don't know what else to do, how to feed her. I am not smart, I went to see a doctor and he told me that I should deal with it because a lot of moms have this problem. 

It can be, but not necessarily. Generally, a colicky pain is something that doctors are researching for years and years, and still, they have no definite answer to what causes these long crying moments in babies, or what totally causes a colicky pain. Well, if you are a breastfeeding mom than you should know that all those a breastfed babies may be bothered by foods in their mom's diets. So, you should inspect one more time what you are eating, because a lot of babies may be intolerant to certain proteins. It takes time, but you can determine what exactly bothers your baby. 

Celebrity

Hello, Look, it can be anything. Like you already know, doctors just can't find the proper reason for this, it just happens and it goes after a while. Meanwhile, it is annoying, but that is just the way it is. Sure, there are a couple of advice that can actually help you and trust me, they are not "expensive" at all. For example, holding your child is one of the most effective treatments and even when they are not fussy, the less time they will be fussy in the evening if you are holding them. It is the best therapy. 

Hi there. My neighbor baby had a baby who also had this pain. She told me that she tried almost anything to see what can help her, and she finds out that some babies actually can feel the relief when pressure is placed on the abdomen. She tried it once, she tried it twice and it worked. So, here is an advice -  place your baby face-down on your lap or on the bad, and make sure that your baby is upright with his tummy against your shoulder. When you put your baby in the proper position, try to gently rub or pat his back as you hold him. Hope it works. Good luck. 

It should stop soon. It usually stops when the baby is 6 months old. Sure, it can continue until the baby is 8 months old, but six months is some limit. Don't worry, I know that it is hard to see your baby crying all the time, but once this goes away, you will be happy and satisfied. Meanwhile, while this issue doesn't go away, you can try to feed your baby in different positions than usual. For example, the rugby ball holds for breastfed babies or sitting more upright if formula fed can really help. I was experimenting so much with this, and when I believed that I am out of the ideas, there it was - my baby was fine.

Well, I was pretty sure that colicky is something that lasts for three months, but now I see that I was not right. Six months is way too long period. Maybe you should try this gripe water. Never used it, but I have heard that it has a lot of benefits that can help your baby. I know that sodium bicarbonate can interfere with the natural pH level in your baby's stomach. But also, you need to know that a lot of parents didn't find it helpful, so that is why it is recommended to consult a baby's pediatrics before trying to give this to your kid. 

Hi there.
My baby was 8 months old and still had the colicky pain. So, if you keep hearing that this will go away as soon as a baby is 6 months old, well - it doesn't have to be. Look, maybe you are doing something wrong. Maybe you should try some new formula, or even you should cut the milk out or any other milk products. It helped me, this colicky pain in my Tommy disappeared after I changed him to a goats milk formula, which was something that I would never think about before until my sister told me. I also started to drink a goats milk and I cut the cow milk. Try it.

You know what else could it be? It is very likely that your kid is dealing with a very bad reflux. I think that my neighbor told me that she was taking her daughter to a chiropractor and that this move really helped her, even if she still has a little problem with this issue in her kid. I don't know how he could help since I never went to see him, but maybe you can just consult him. Sure, colicky pain is not something that is dangerous and you should observe it that way. I hope that this will be over soon. Good luck!