Celebrity

Good day. I can say for me that I am already an experienced mom since this is my fourth kid, but I can say that I never was struggling this type of problem. My fourth kid, Delilah has colicky pain and she is really fighting against it so hard. She is nervous, she is crying, etc. I don't know what to do. Whatever I did, nothing helps. And it helped my other kids before. I am really desperate and tired and I am willing to even to try some medicines. So, what medications could a doctor prescribe for colicky pain in infants?

Tnx in advance. 

Hello. I understand you. I am a mom, and my baby is now 7 months old. But four months ago, my baby also had a really, really bad colicky pain that we were not able to stand. I mean, watching my baby in so huge pain was killing me. And, my hubby as well. So, of course, we went to see a pediatrics. He prescribed a Cimetropium bromide for my baby and I just can't describe how skeptical I were when I needed to give this to my baby. It is actually a drug that relieves bowel muscle spasms and it helped my baby a lot, without having any side - effects, tnx God. So, you can talk about this medication with your doctor? 

Celebrity

I don't know what to tell you, but I have to say that somehow I am total against those medications for the baby, but of course, if this can help a baby that would be great. So, if a doctor actually prescribes a medication for a baby, what type of side - effects can parent expect to happen to his baby? And, will this go away after a while. And, one more question - what do you think - is it better to try natural medications or you prefer natural medications for this issue? Tnx in advance for any answer! 

There are so many medicines and herbs that can help you. But sure, you need to consult someone who is an expert, I always say this to everyone. But, before you try this, maybe you should try some other thing, for example, you can change some feeding practices and process in your baby, because it may also provide some relief. For example, you can buy and use a curved bottle for your baby, because it will help with upright feeding, and a collapsible bag bottle can reduce the intake of air. You know that air can make so many problems, so try this. 

Hi there. So, when my baby started to cry without any chance to stop this, I believed that I am doing something wrong. So, I went to see a podiatrist, because I got really scared. A lot. He told me that this is normal and that in most of the cases, all the babies need to go through this. I asked for a medicine he told me that I should try with probiotics. It seems that these beneficial bacteria are supposed to help all the things moving and the immune system functioning well. As you already know, gas and constipation are thought to contribute to colic. When I asked him why he doesn't want to give a medication to my baby, why is he giving a probiotic instead, he told me that I need to try with some natural medications and some other alternatives before seeking a medication.

Good day. The doctor prescribed a medication imidaitelly to my baby. I was giving a Gas-X to my baby, but it seems that this is not the only one medicine that is really helpful. There are so many other homeopathic treatments, but you also need to be very careful because some of them are not so effective and they can have this placebo effects. So, they should be avoided, of course, unless those medications are prescribed by the infant's medical provider. Don't give your baby a medication that is prescribed for adults and their gas problems. Don't!

As soon as you notice that your baby has those problems, I suggest you visit a healthcare provider. You can't make a mistake with it.

Ask him what is his suggestion, is it better to use some medications or some natural treatments to get rid of this.

Or at least, to soothe this constant pain that is present all the time.

There is a couple of different type of colicky pain and the all are treated in a different way. I believe that every type has a different way of the treatment. 

But the only one who can really help you choose the proper one is your doctor.