2 mo. old has been swallowing air with every gulp from bottle. She's very hard to burp, and this comes from a post partum RN who's her grand mother. This is not normal and we are desperate for a medical opinion on the cause of the swallowing and how to stop it. We have changed nipples, bottles, and formula. She's on soy now. We've tried the gas water and other things to help with the gas once it gets in so she can pass it easier, but this little girl is in pain most of the time. PUSHING is definately the word for it. Gas is the understatement. Please help us find the cure for the cause, not the band aid. Why does she swallow so much air when eating, and what can we do to stop it?

There are some items out there to help with the gas and the swallowing of the air. Special bottles and even drops for the stomach, I had the same problem when I switched my son from breast to bottle. I would suggest mylicon drops, and there are anti colic bottles that stops a lot of air from going in. Both of these items are in the baby ile at your local wal-mart. I hope this helps!

I know that problem. My baby was fighting this really bad colicky pain and it was really stressing for all of us. That constant crying was making us crazy because we didn't know what to do in order to prevent this or to make it go away. I went to talk to some nurses which I know and they really tried to help me. One of them told me that there is always a possibility that something that I was eating maybe giving my baby gases which are causing those problems. Also, you need to know that if your baby is more gassy than normal, it usually shows up in two hours after eating some foods. 

Can you tell me a little more about mylicon drops? I would like to learn a little bit more about it because I had never heard much about it. Can you let me know?