Does treatment with Dicyclomine reduce symptoms in infants with colic? I do not know what else to do with my baby. She cannot stop crying. I know that she is in pain and I have no way of helping her. When I was a baby, my mother gave me Dicyclomine for infant colic. Should I give it to my baby?

Hey, I understand that you are worried a lot. I also do have a baby and I know what type of stress I am going through every time when he is sick. Maybe I am too careful, but I would never give my child anything that I didn't ask my doctor is it OK to give it to him. I know that my mom was giving me a Dicyclomine as well, but as far as I remember, a doctor told her to use it. It is true that this medicine is an anticholinergic drug and like this one, it has been proven in clinical trials to be effective in the treating and killing a colicky pain

I do not know how old are you but FDA in 1950s Dicyclomine was regularly prescribed for infant colic. Few years after manufacturers stopped recommending Dicyclomine for infant colic, because some kids suffered from serious adverse effects. I think that you need to ask your pediatrician for advice. Some other drugs can be used for infant colic.