My Tiara is not sleeping for 10 days now. I am reading some experiences from other moms, and I see that their babies don't sleep for more than a month and I really don't know how they are dealing with it, but this situation that lasts for 10 days it's killing me :/  I don't know what to do in order to prevent colicky pain so that my baby can sleep normal again.  Could a white noise machine help with colicky pain and sleep? I am sure that I have found this information somewhere? Do you know anything about this? 

Celebrity

Hi there. How old your baby is? Is she sleeping now? Sorry because I haven't answered before on your question. Whoever told you about this White noise machines? I could never remember it...I know that they are proven effective for some babies and their colicky pain, but also you need to know that some other infants seem to remain indifferent, it just won't help them whatever you do. Also, the fact is that a white noise machine that is able to mask disturbing sounds at night and help people stay asleep. You can try, it won't cost a thing, but you also have to be prepared that this maybe won't work. 

Hm, I don't think that this mask is good for a colicky pain for so many different reasons. The first thing that I need to ask - do you think that this is safe for your babies ears? I mean, a baby is really small and putting this mask on her face and ears may damage it, right? Yes, this is available in the stores, you don't need to have any special recommendation from your doctor, but if I were you, I would definitely consult my doctor is this mask a good idea or not? I have to be honest that I am skeptical a little bit. 

Hello there guys. So, I am a bit worried since my baby also have this problem and I don't know what to do anymore. She is crying, all the time. and I have tried so many methods that are natural, but none of those seem to work in this case. So, I am trying to find something that can help her. But please, don't judge me - what is this white noise machine? I have no idea and frankly, I don't want to ask any of those modern moms that are around me. Whatever I aks they are like - whattttt, youuuu don't know thaaattt? So, I don't want to ask them because, in their eyes, I am one silly mom that doesn't know how to help a baby. Tnx in advance.

No way, you should never be ashamed. They are not born with a lot of information in their brains, they also read. And they think that they are smart. So, welcome in here. We are here to help you, even if some of us never had this problem, but we know pretty much about it. So, this white noise is a special type of sound signal which is used to mask background sounds, in order to promote a healthy sleep. So it works simply - white noise helps to drown out sounds which might otherwise prevent you from either falling asleep or wake up while a baby is asleep. Simple. So, I don't know how this actually can help, I don't know anyone who was using it. But you can try.

The main question is - does this machine really works?
To be honest, I don't believe in this thing for so many reasons. Why? Because getting a good night’s sleep doesn’t just happen, you can't just provoke it, not for your or for your baby. True, white noise machine works by reducing the difference between background noise and jarring sounds, but I think that this is only temporarily. I think that this is not a solution to this problem that your baby is dealing with. I don't know, you can try it, but I would be scared since I have heard that this machine can damage the hearing. Not sure, never tried it, so I don't have an experience, I am just saying the experiences that I found while I was reading about this. Maybe you should try something else...