Hello!

I became interested in electric facials after reading an article about them. The woman who wrote the article had just had an electric facial, and the beautician first treated half of her face. The results were immediately visible. She also mentioned that the facial did not hurt her. 

I haven't had a facial in ages, but if I have one, I'm very interested in an electric facial. Did anyone here try one, perhaps? I'm curious what your particular experience was regarding results, pain, and cost. Would you have one again? How would you compare this type of facial with other facials you have had?

TIA :)

There are different types of electric facials:

1. Galvanic electric facial. This uses positive and negative charges and is meant to close the pores and fight inflammation. Acid serums are used during the facial to facilitate the charge.
2. Faradic electric facial. This uses more pulses and tightens, derwrinkles and closes the pores. The blood circulation in your face is strengthened.
3. Micro current electric facial. The most radical treatment often compared to a non-surgical face lift! You need a series of sessions and will look much younger after your treatment course is finished.

You just need to decide which one you would like!

Yes, me! I had an electric facial to attempt to get rid of some of the fine lines, especially laughter lines and crow's feet, that I was getting. I'm not that informed about the exact type, but after it was recommended to me (I asked what could be done about these fine lines) I went for it and it did really work. The feeling itself was not at all unpleasant but a little strange. Afterwards I did immediately see that my lines had gone down and I was ecstatic about that! I'd do it again in a heartbeat the moment I thought my skin needed it again, of course in consultation with my salon.

Do you mean facial microcurrent, or any facial that uses electricity? I've tried the latter before, it was some kind of glass orb with electricity that really freshened me up. Facial microcurrent is also something I'm fascinated by and it is sometimes compared to a non-surgical facelift, but from what I see this is still very much in an experimental phase, and long-term results or even unwanted side effects have not been established yet. For that reason, I would not have this done at this point.

Not yet, but I am very, very interested! I read about this and I am very impressed with the reviews of people who say that electric facial made a difference to their skin right away. There is no recovery time, just looking great immediately after. That is my kind of facial. I am happy to hear that the facial didn't hurt, and that is only encouraging me to try to book an appointment very soon! It makes sense, really, that electric pulses would stimulate the skin. Can't wait to see what it will look like!

Yeah, you're talking about the non-surgical face lift type of electrical facial here. They're pretty good. You'd have a facial cleansing and some collagen cream applied to your face before starting, then your whole facial muscles are stimulated with electrical current. The result is that your facial muscles get stronger, your collagen and elastin production are elevated (which generally goes down with age so you need a bit of help there) and you basically see results right away as soon as you are done with the facial... Really good stuff. Mind you, you do have to be aware that you're talking two facials a week for a while, so you need to be able to invest the time and money into it...

I am open to the idea of having a microcurrent facial. They were first designed for medical use, for people with Bell's palsy and mini strokes who had paralyzed facial muscles. It was discovered by accident that these microcurrent treatments could also remove wrinkles. They can also reduce scar tissue, such as left my acne. Unless you have certain health problems, it is completely safe to undergo microcurrent facials and they work so well they are called non-surgical face lift as well. So if I had the money and knew a good place to get it done I would consider it.

yes! I had botox initially and after it wore off I tried microcurrent facials. The derm explained that they are basically the opposite of botox. These microcurrent facial treatments reeducate the muscles, increase blood circulation in the face, increase collagen and elastin production, and increase protein synthesis. In the end, this means you are left looking younger and also the products you use on your skin are more easily absorbed. Love it and it is very safe.