Hi, I couldnt find a category that this question fits into so I found the one that fits it best. I know this beautiful girl from my church she is nice, friendly, caring and talkative, but while on a youth camp that we both went to i fell in love with her and she fell in love with me, she is so beautiful and I love her from the bottom of my heart but there is one problem, I am 15 and she is 17, she questioned me on what the feelings are for her on Facebook but I didnt know what I could do about it with the age gap, so I told her that I would think about it and I will get back to her about it, I said that so I could come on here and ask you what I should do in this difficult situation. Thanks, Rob

Well Rob...love is love, no matter what but....she is 17 and you are 15, infortunatly that 2 year diff could raise eyebrows, especially if you two become intimate. In some states, it's 17, some states are 16, you would have to look into the age of maturity guide lines in your state. Even tho the both of you agree on your relationship, some folks would frown on it and possibly start some trouble. I am not suggesting that you sleep with her, not at all, nor do i condone teenage sex, i'm just saying that it could be taken wrong even if all you do is hold hands.

Love is a strong emotion and it is a beautiful feeling. If you feel that you want toget to know her, go ahead. No one can tell you what to do, that is something that only you can decide. Just be careful and you should check into the age of maturity issue. Will she be 18 soon, if so and you are still 15, that could get ugly. I know age should not stand in the way of true love, but i think if you were my son and she was looking at 18 soon, i would have to interject.

As bb says, you need to be very careful about what you do and what people might think you are doing. Love has no respect for age differences but the LAW does. The age of majority is 18 in most places so she will be considered an adult and that drastically changes how the law looks at your situation. You will not likely even reach the age of consent for several more years so if the two of you are intimate she could go to prison for statutory rape. That means although you both were willing, in the eyes of the law, she raped you.  She could end up being classified as a sexual offender for the rest of her life. I'm sure neither of you want to see that happen. It certainly doesn't seem fair but that's the way the law is.

My brother rwr don't worry. if u both like eachother n beleave to be in love, thats more than u need. grow up together and learn to respect n love one another. 2 years is nothing. if you don't go for it, somebody else will and u will be ever sorry.

good luck. just be honest n things will go smooth.

Your giving him the emotional side, and you sound quite young yourself. I have been around for a very long time and there is no way i would steer someone in the wrong direction. Laws can be tricky and if someone wants to make a stink out of this relationship, this young man and this girl could be in some trouble, that's all. There are many folks out there who just can't wait to put their noses where it doesn't belong. Simple hand holding could be totally blown out of shape.