im 20 and im going to have my gallbladder taken out next week. for the last 5 months ive been having lots of weird symptoms like the sevier pain in my abdomon and diarreia back and shouler pain even in my chest somtimes but the weird thing is that i have had alot of weight gain with it too will having my gallbladder taken rresault in any weight loss? if any one could help me or give me any feed back id highly be greatful.

I have to go to have my gb out soon as well and I was just wondering how you made out.

i had my gallbladder taken out last week and so far lost 7 pounds in a week....but just dont eat alot of greesey foods or you will gain weight and have bowel movements often.i learned to eat healthy foods like chicken breast, turkey,no read meat....eat lean meat....vegetables but not corn or brocoli that causes gas.no peanuts either causes gas also.i now have to read how much oils are in food as well.watch out for certin cheese if you like cheese....i hope that helps you

stop worring about weight gain. The pain will be gone. I just had my gallbadder removed by emergency surgery two weeks ago. I have lost 10 pounds. I have not eaten fast foods in a long time and do not intend to start just because the pain will not start up because of my gallbadder. medically a slight weight gain is possible due to the body's need to store fat, just be careful of your fat intack, get exercise and stop worring about gaining weight. A well balanced diet is the answer. I have never been a very heavy person and also worried about the said weight gain, I then relized that I was not about to change my eating habit just because of the surgery. I have less pain now and find I am more active that is probably why I have noticedthe weight loss