I am having my gall bladder removed in 10 days due to gall stones, and the surgeon has put me on a liquid diet until then. Following the surgery, what can I eat, how long until I can eat normally, and will I have to be on a liquid diet after the surgery for a while? I have heard so many different things about what I can expect to eat after the surgery, that I do not know what to believe.

Some tips for your gallbladder removal diet immediately after surgery:

* Broths, gelatin, and water are perfect for right after the operation. 

* Begin adding other foods back into your diet very gradually afterward, and your medical team will tell you more about the time line. 

* Eat smaller meals more often as opposed to three big meals. 

* Make fruits and veggies, which contain plenty of fiber, the center of your diet. Lean meats and fish are good. Yogurt and cottage cheese are good. Milk is bad, and so is anything with caffeine. Fatty, fried, processed, foods are going to contribute to diarrhea and you feeling bad, as well as to weight gain. 

Your surgeon is the best person to tell you the answer.