I am a 37 year old female and Had my gallbladder removed when I was 22 years of age. I was never put on a liquid diet or told to watch my foods. I went from weighing 135 up to the highest of 218. I am almost 6 foot tall and all of my weight is around my stomach. I have lost the weight one time when I was on weight watchers program and kept it off for 3 years and now I am back in the same place I have so many systems that I have had dr say that it is a problem with my depression. Guess what None of these systems started until after surgery years later. I have excessive gas and have been told I have acid reflux I found my self in the hospital with signs of a heartache. I am so confused I have problems with blurred vision, headaches, stomach swelling to almost 9 months pregnant and then will go away. I have been starting to investigate this. Instead of throwing up and feeling sick. I started soon after the surgery that as soon as I ate with in 5 minutes It would go straight thru me everytime. I thought this was just a side effect of the surgery. Now this may explain my problems with my curved spine and fragile bones. I have started a colon cleasn. I just want to know if anyone else has had any of these symptons.

I am 48 years of age and I had my gall bladder removed over 10 to 12 years ago. Since then I have been experiencing strange behavior with my body. First I must say, I did learn about the after effects of the surgery, so I had to watch my diet. I tried not to eat a lot of fatty foods because I knew it would result to diarhea, stomach bloating, and excessive gas. All those symptoms have slowed down alot. I now have excessive swelling, with my over all body (head to toe), when I eat fatty foods. It can be as little as a little piece of meat placed in veggetables. I have to limit myself to mostly fish, chicken and veggies with olive oil to somewhat avoid this problem. I have been trying to diet and I would lose at least 10 lbs and if I eat something fatty or certains foods and even drinks like tea, and/or use butter, etc. on my foods I begin to swell up. The 10 pounds that I lost would come back instantly. Over night I would gain 3 lbs and when I get back on the scale later that day I have gained 3 to 4 more pound. I am convinced that this can't be actually weight. I think it's more water retention and/or swelling. I don't know what to do about it. What is wrong with my body. Am I having a food allergy or is this a continuation of my gallbladder removal? It will take days for my body to get back together. Why?

I am 38 years old. I had my gallbladder removed 5 1/2 weeks ago. My surgeon said that my surgery was complicated, they found many gallstones, my gallbladder looked really bad. Since after the surgery, I started having abdominal pain on my right side. Sometimes I still do after I eat. It's been really hard to eat lately. I feel like I can't even eat anything... I have diarrhea, it gets so bad.. I get bad stomach cramps, I get bloated and I feel I cant breathe and like I am going to pass out. It's when I realize that it hurts so much... I have to run to the bathroom..once, twice, or more. I can't eat anything with not even a drop of oil or grease because I know my stomach is going to pay for it.. there's times when It feels like before the surgery- burning inside my stomach. All I can eat now, but only if I cook it.. is baked or broiled chicken and fish, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, fruits and vegetables. No spicy food at all. and no over eating. I have to eat small meals. This is my life now. I have no options. Before surgery I had the option of eating less or eating more, or eating what I wanted.. now I dont have that option and it's scary. When I get stomach pains and diarrhea.. I feel frustrated. I know I need to get used to this lifestyle.. Does it get easier?