Please tell me something good as far as gallbladder removal and NOT gaining weight!! I am struggling now to keep extra weight off and do not need this burden of gaining weight! I am going in this week to have my gallbladder removed!!

My boyfriend had his gallbladder removed after a year of "attacks". His surgeon told him he would probably gain weight because of not having to watch his fat intake. And about 2 years has gone by and he's gained about 30 pounds. He loves to eat! We are now trying our hardest to lose the weight again! Now I'm having problems with my gallbladder and have fear that i will also gain weight. right now I'm on a very low fat diet and drink lots of water and am losing weight. The doctor says mine is only working at 22% so I'm pretty much looking at having my gallbladder removed in near future and am scared that I"m going to gain weight too.

I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago and didn't put on any weight after it,my dr advised me to still try and avoid fatty foods after the op. I seemed to be in the 1% of people who experience diarrohea (sp?) after eating some food after surgery-lucky me! I recently have lost a stone and a half in weight for no known reason and have been getting stomach pains and pain in right shoulder blades and arm so getting tested for gallstones in my bile duct-had no idea you could still get them after surgery!! I would def advise you to get the op but just watch your fat intake to be sure of no additonal weight gain. Good luck and good health to you!!

Hi, I'm another gall bladder victim! I say victim because since the removal of my gb I have gained 14lbs. I exercise every day and eat sensibly but despite this I am unable to lose the weight or at least very little. Although I was glad to be free of the gb pain I am disheartened at not being able to get back down to my pre-op weight. I wish somebody would advise me of an effective substitute for the job my gb was doing ie controlling the effects of bile in my body!!