Hi, I have problems with my back. It is the considerable pain in my lumbar spine. I have gone to a doctor and he had examined me with the x-rays. He said that I have 2 herniated disks. It can cause a lot of problems for me because I am a driver. It hurts a lot when I am driving for the long time. How much it needs to heal I didn't ask the doctor.

I had the herniated disk last year. I know how it goes. Your doctor had probably given you some pain killers. For medicine to be more efficient you should rest in bed for day or two. Or you had been given the shot. Anyway you must rest a while, avoid any sudden moves and you should exercise your back. Before exercising stretch for a while. It you do all this the pain will be gone in 4 weeks. At lest that how it was with me, but you have 2 herniated disks maybe it will be a little longer.