My very good friend is long distance runner and we discus his eating habits several days ago. He told me that there is not some special nutrition program for runners and thought completely opposite. I believe that this kind of sport asks for great quantities of energy which one runner has to own and that is the reason why he has to have special nutrition program.

Hi, in some way both of you are right. Your friend is quite right when he says there is not some specific nutrition program and you are right when you say that runners have to show great strength and durability. Main rule about nutrition for runners is that they have to use many carbohydrates which will supply their body with energy and also they have to take great quantities of water. Other things like proteins and fats are just smaller part of nutrition which one runner takes. They would eat fruits, vegetables and grain products. When they take proteins it has to be fish or low fat meat.