I keep hearing about the support shoes runners should wear. They are using so many fancy words. I am not sure what all those terms mean. A friend of mine told me that I should wear appropriate shoes. Could you please explain to me what those terms mean and what kind of shoes I should wear? What are your favorite running shoes?

There are different types of shoes for different purposes. You can find Motion control shoes, Cushioned shoes, Stability shoe, Off-road shoes. They all serve to different kinds of gaits. If you have a neutral foot, in which case the foot stays properly aligned and it keeps the rest of the body in line, cushioned shoes would be the best for you. They are light and runners love them. Heavy runners should consider stability shoes as they provide good shock absorption, durability and medial support via a dual density mid-sole.