My husband had pains in his stomach three weeks ago, it got that bad he was taken to ER and within 3 hrs was undergoing emergency surgery. The doctors said if he had left it one more day he wouldn’t be here as his stomach was full of pus. He had 22cm of his colon removed and now has a bag until he can get a reversal operation. We are hoping it will be within 4 months. He has no prior diagnosis of diverculitis or anything. What can we expect?

Similar thing happened to me! No prior diagnosis of diverculitis. I just got a high temp and bleeding. I knew that headaches and stomach cramps/pain are signs of Diverticulitis, but they said next attack. For now I Just watch what I eat-no fried, spicy foods, seeds, tomatoes, berries, even seeds on rolls. I also stay away from rice and anything small, I am trying to watch what I eat but it's hard. That’s all my doctor told me.