Hello, there. I have a problem and I was hoping that someone here can help me with this. It seems that I always have diarrhea after I ate white potatoes. I wonder what is wrong with me. Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate all your help considering this. Bye!

Hello. You should visit a doctor. You are probably experiencing white potato intolerance. Your intestines cannot digest it properly. That is why these potatoes collect a lot of fluid in intestines. As a result, there is diarrhea. Perhaps, you are allergic to white potatoes. Although, I think allergy would rather manifest with skin rash or some swelling and breathing problems. In any case, visit a doctor. In that case you will know the exact diagnosis. Bye!

Well,
I am not really sure if this can be classified as an allergic reaction. The fact, however, is that you have some digestive problems with white potatoes. I am not sure what kind of ingredients does white potato have that red doesn’t but something is giving you trouble. I think that you should try to avoid white potatoes in order not to have diarrhea any more, but just try to eat other vegetables. Do you have this every time you eat potatoes or just when the potatoes are mashed or maybe when they are fried? I hope that you will manage to avoid the white potato and that this helped you in any way.

Good luck,
Karel

I'm having the same problem! Sweet potatoes seem fine, though!

It's been a while since you posted, but I have the same problem. Look up nightshade allergy. It's my problem (and explains why I can have sweet potatoes).

I do the same thing. About an hour or so after eating a delicious potato I have cramps and diarrhea. Its awful. Usually only go once and then I'm done.,

Same lol haha

try to remove all nightshade family vegetables from your diet for 6 months and see if your feel better.and then try to introduce some nightshades to your diet and watch for the changes .full nightshade list of vegetables you can find online. hope it will help. and also try to avoid all milk products and watch changes.

I have the same problem every time I eat mashed potatoes or baked I get diarrhea. My tummy bubbles etc. But when I eat fries I'm okay wierd.

Hi, Have always loved potato a week ago I became violently ill about 2 hours after eating. I can not believe how sick I was with diarrhea and vomiting. I blamed either the chicken or potato salad. After 5 hours I was ok and wrote it off to a bad experience. Last night I had a bowl of mashed potato. To my horror within two hours I had the same symptoms again, and my body won't stop reacting until there is nothing left. This time I know for a fact it was potato that made me sick because that is all I had.

I just read a great article on online about this, discussing intolerance to Nightshade plants, with potatoes being the biggest culprit. I experience the same thing, and have basically just found out my body is intolerant to potato. Well worth a read.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Same problem. Nightshade vegetable allergy for sure. No tomatoes, eggplant, white potatoes, bell peppers, among others.