I have chronic severe stomach pains. There doesn't seem to be any trend to when they occur but they happen at least 3 times a day (often far more than that). It is a sharp pain either in my lower stomach by my hip bone and sometimes right underneath the left side of my rib cage. Pushing on it with my fingers to apply pressure sometimes helps to eleviate pain, but often the pain is so severe that I just go to sleep because I can't stand it. It lasts anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. This has been occuring for about a year, but have yet to go to a doctor.

My daughter has been having these same problems for 6 months. She has a severe overgrowth and is now on antibiotics however the other symptoms, acute pain in left of stomach, radiating to back and chest, burning feeling in stomach, nausea, dizziness, severe fatigue, can come on after eating or she can wake up with it. Tried Previcid for 3 months, huge dose, no results, had ultrasound, looked okay, had endoscopy - had bile in stomach, weak sphincter muscle and swollen pale esophogus, she had a gallbladder scan with nothing wrong, and now the bacteria they are treating with antibiotics for two weeks. All symptoms are present still along with a fever and sore throat this week. I am at wits end and she is becoming very depressed. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Diverticulosis, or even diverticulitis could be the cause of this pain, especially the nature, type and location. You need a colonoscopy to check for diverticulum, and at worst, colon cancer.