I have diverticulitis, but I feel better because I met some people with the same problem. We talk a lot and understand each other, which makes our disease much easier. Few days ago we were talking about dieting. One friend said something about special diet for diverticulitis. We would like to hear if there is something which might help us.

Diverticulosis (the condition) and diverticulitis (the inflammation) are also called diverticular disease. Most people do not realize they have it, but however, for a few people, diverticulosis results in spasms and pain. Nutritionists made special diets for many different diseases, disorders, and different problems with our organism. Diverticulitis is one of those, which also requires special care for relieving symptoms. For regular elimination and increases of fecal excretion patients should provide a diet with 20 to 35 grams of appropriate fiber. This diverticulitis diet can be used for the management of diverticulosis. Rationale for increased fiber is that increased bulk in the stool reduces the pressure in the colon. This prevents further diverticula from forming. Studies have shown that a balanced diet containing different kinds of fiber can help regulate the bowels aid. This is used in the prevention of heart disease and protect against a number of other health problems such as diverticulosis. Foods that contain fiber also tend to contain other cancer fighting nutrients, such as selenium vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E.

Iam constandly suffering from pain , had been hospitalized with diverticultis almost 2 yrs ago, for 7 days, with a perferated bowel, it almost poisoned me..I am still in pain almost every day. Some times I feel I can't live another day like this..plus I hae constant acid reflex, that seems to be getting worse now..what can I do? I'm to the point that I just can't do this another day