What is a difference between diverticulosis and diverticulitis? I’ve been diagnosed with diverticulitis. I had abdominal pain on the lower left side, mild fever and nausea. . I‘ve got medication treatment for my condition. Doctor said that surgery is not needed, but he’ll observe the development of the disease. I told her about my symptoms and treatment and she said that she only had mild cramps. What is the difference between our conditions?

It is very simple explanation. Here are both divercular diseases. You know that each pouch is diverticulum, plural- diverticula. So, condition of having diverticula is known as diverticulosis. However, when these pouches are inflamed conditions is called diverticulitis. According to you symptoms I would say that infection caused your diverticulitis. I think that low-fiber diet would be helpful for your condition.