I’ve had severe abdominal pain for almost seven days. I’ve never felt like this before and I’m really concerned. I searched the net and I found that these symptoms can be connected to Diverticultis. What is Diverticultis and what are symptoms?? Thank you.

Dear,
From what you’ve shared with us, I really can’t tell you too much (for example what is wrong with you). Abdominal pain is very common symptom for many diseases – for Diverticultis too. Diverticultis is a condition when pouches in colons that bulge outward through weak spots become infected or inflamed. One of the most common symptoms of Diverticultis is indeed abdominal pain, as well as tenderness around the left side of the lower abdomen. Of course, severity of symptoms depends on the extent of the infection and the person (it can vary from one to another).
But, in each case, I would suggest you to visit your dr to be sure (or give us more clues!). Good luck.

my mom was apparently diagnosed with that disease 3 years ago but the doctor told her that it was only the minor case of that disease which happens to a have a different but similar spelling. now 3 years later she gets this pain and goes to the docter to find out that she should've benn put on a strict diet 3 years ago and now it's serious. Why did the docter not tell her that eating seeds like tomatoes or cucumbers would make the infection worse 3 years ago they just told her to eat more whole wheat bread. now its too late and she's on a strict diet and just found out on the internet that this disease is life threatening! she had all the symptoms like the major pain in her left side that pain killers couldn't take away!
i want to know all the effects, how it is caused , and the best way to deal with it for ex. eating right, i would like to know if exercise would help anything and if it is life threatening and what the f**k is this world coming to are we that desperate for doctors that we just hand out certificates like candy!