Couldn't find what you looking for?


I am 16 years and I can't stretch my foreskin to the shaft of my penis when erect, but when I am not erect i can stretch it just barely past the head. I notice that there is a peice of skin connecting the head of the penis to the foreskin and i beleive it is called the frenulum and it seems to be stopping me from pulling my foreskin farther when erect.

I have a girlfriend and I want to have sex but i am afraid because i hear storys about other people ripping their frenulum during sex.

What should i do to get the foreskin past the head of the penis when erect?

Do I have a mild case of phimosis?

Is it safe to have sex without hurting myself.


You are normal for your age. Your foreskin is still developing. You can help it develop by stretching it.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

 It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.

 The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

 That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there.  The frenulum serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin.

 If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

 You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract.

 There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work.  Urologists do this.

 Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition.




Sir, I am having the same issue. I keep seeing some white stuff under my foreskin and I think that my penis is dirty, try to wash it but I get irritated all the time. I don't know what this is, but I have heard that it can be a phimosis as well. I don't even know what are the phimosis causes? I am 13 years old and I am terrified to talk to my mom about this, I really don't want to. She will think that I have sexual relations and I don't. What can I do about this, alone, without anyone helping me?