Hi, I have irregular cycles and I believe that it may be the cause of increased ovulation rate. Do irregular cycles mean that I am not ovulating?

Hi, if you are having irregular cycles it certainly does not indicate that you are not ovulating, but rather that your hormone level fluctuations are not regularly repeated in your periods. Usually, women have prolonged time between menstruations. I usually have menstruation every 45 to 60 days, but sometimes I only have one period every few months. I believe that irregular cycles makes it more difficult to determine ovulation day, and by this can influence fertility. And generally, you have less fertile days and therefore less chances to conceive in year. You can use cervial fluid to determine your fertile days and increase chances for getting pregnant.

I have irregular periods, so how do I determine when I am ovulating?