Do you make suggestions/recommendations in your training log for what your next similar workout next week should be?

no but I'll look at what I did the previous week and see where I need to improve the most.

the only thing i put in the training log is my miles and my shoes

i've recently discovered how valuable it would have been had i been keeping track of pace on every run....but noooooooooooooo, i've got the shoes down though :|

Not so much do I keep notes for the purpose of comparing week to week, but more for year to year, or season to season. Then when I look back to see "what worked" I can find those periods where the training fell together. A single week gets to be too short of a time period to analyze much, what with all the variables of the surrounding weeks, fitness, weather, diet and such.

1
but I think it's because my recordings need improvement. I think a morning pulse CAN be analyzed quite quickly.

when trying a new supplement, lacing style or a new skating frame i'll make notes. add more mix, shift frame over, try this sock instead.

but other than that not really. do the annual eval as well and use that as a measure of improvement/disprovement

I plan my training regiman in 8-12 weeks sets and try to stick to it as best I can.

I like to do it according to the event and time the peak on race day.

I really tried to log my miles last year, and it didn't help, so I haven't done any logging this year.

I'm no help whatsoever.

When I was seriously running, if I had a bad run or didn't feel well I would also add what foods I ate the night before an am run or the foods I had that day.

I also did write what foods felt the best.

I included what I did right--mainly so I could look it over later as a motivator.