Started training for the mile. Took a few years hiatus to survive cancer and stuff and now I am back running. I thought I need to become accountable for my goals, even if the are outrageous.

Running the 4 minute mile

Rediculous? who knows, but I won't unless I try.

What can you do for the mile? Shoot for sub 5, maybe?

I think what you were asking was what was my best mile, well, I ran 4:22 when I was a sophomore in HS then never really improved.

I played football and basketball in HS then just ran track in the spring. Tried to play football and run XC my senior year but would get pounded on friday nights then wake up on saturday monring for Football practice then run in an XC meet. Not very good training, I never really ran over 30 miles a week in HS and ended up my senior year only improving to 4:21.

In college I ran a 1:54 800 and I think a 4:19 mile converted from 1500 although it might have been a 4:19 1600, don't remember. That was freshman year. XC I finally got into the 60 mile weeks then felt burned by track season. Then sophomore year I put in some big miles but ended up getting cancer and haven't really run since then.

Now I am 24 and kinda wanna try running again.

Thanks for the replies

E

Been running for 3 weeks straight now and running it, I haven't run this much since sophomore year in college. (After that I got a little bit of cancer and had to chill out with the running for a while)

Now I am back at it and actually thinking about running at work. I am planning to run a time trial at the end of the month to see where I'm at. I plan on starting training in May of next year, building a base since I have been out but I may get too excited and start early.

4 minutes here we come, check it out below.

E
my training log and tips

Hey great to know Solinsky is still making it back home. I actually ran at point for a year and a half in college, then transfered to michigan, got the big C and the rest is history.

Ran with Chris a couple of times, nice kid, very driven.

I miss wisconsin weather, I live in honolulu now, its 82 and sunny every day. Parents sent a picture of them chopping a Xmas tree down today. It was snowing, well I guess I would prefer running in 80 degree weather.

you might remember a few of these guys from Point days: Heidke, Drake, and Heling......they were running also.

Well I took a little bit of time off for the holiday's only running a day or two here and there but last week I began training again and feeling great about it. I hope to get back up to running 5 times a week within the next 2 months. Gotta shed a few pounds and make sure I don't over due it too soon.

We'll see and I'll keep ya'll posted.

E