Or bike when not biking

Yesterday our van was at the mechanics - when the work was completed, I ran from my house to his shop to pick it up - about 4 miles.

This morning I borrowed my son's backpack and ran to the store (6 miles round trip) to pick up some things......

How about you - is running ever an option for getting from point A to B??

I would if I lived in town. As it is I live 2 miles out of town on an overly busy 2 lane curvy highway. I feel stranded in my neighborhood! Some day I think they will widen the road and add shoulders out to our place, then it will be a definate yes, yes, YES!!

I always do that for the car. I actually plan days like that to help me get runs in. I usually plan longer courses too. If I did not show up at my mechanics to pick up the car and I did not run there the mechanic would wonder what is up.

Like Akern, if I venture out of my sub I am asking for trouble, limited sidewalks on main roads so I avoid any errands on the run.

No. I run when I run. I do walk up the stairs to work (17th floor) though.

I don't, though I think I should. I really wish I lived closer to work so that I could run or bike in. Unfortunately our choice in locations pretty much split the distance between my wife's and my workplaces.

I had a car in the shop about a mile away from my day job that required four trips back and forth during the day (two over lunch so I could take care of an appointment for my other job then return the car to the shop). I would have loved to run it, but a lack of showers here and respect for my cow-workers' air quality prevailed. ;)

So I walked.

If I had access to a shower, I would probably run at lunch every day.

Think if we stood in front of our desks and rubbed ourselves down with hand sanitizer from head to toe after a lunchtime run every day they'd get the hint? ;)

At my company? HA! :LOL:

I sleep when I'm not sleeping too.

My cat runs when he's sleeping... :shrug:

I live close to most things so I should do this more but the city traffic (and 100 degree temps) sort of discourage it. And unfortunately my car dealer is 20 miles from me.

I do when I can run.. :( but I still walk to lots of places for errands. My old (pre-hood, two neighborhoods ago) was so close to everything including work that I actually went without a car for 6 months and just ran or walked everywhere. Unfortunately, the bastrds at this hole of a company put in an arena and that raised all the property values so all the yuppies moved in and chased all of us out...(but i'm not bitter, npo, not at all)

my daughter's soccer coach asked all parents to play against the kids last night. i sucked wind for 20 short minutes. i can't believe how difficult it was to get my foot on that ball. all those little feet kicking and scrambling at my shin bone (no shin guards here )

so, i ran when not "running" but why was it so difficult for 20 minutes?

they whooped me.

Bike, yep. Run, nope. I get too packmule feeling if I have to carry anything running, but I've got a good bag for the bike, so I can pedal errands or short trips easy enough.