At least a gallon a day. Lucky for me the water cooler is right next to the bathroom at the office. Take care of 2 things at once. Multitasking at its best

Huh? Running on the surface of the sun? Cheryl are you drinking again or just dehydrated? HaHaHa

You should know what I'm talking about, its as hot if not hotter up there in the Metroplex than here in H-town! I'm still just getting used to the summers here...

Yeah I knew what you meant. :D I just felt compelled to give ya a hard time after returning from my hiatus.

Great topic. I drink upwards of 2 gallons of water a day because I dehydrate at the drop of a hat. Doesn't matter what season or what weather conditions, if I don't drink that much I can literally feel my skin tightening in a day.

That said, I try to hydrate evenly throughout the day and vary what I bring on runs with me in my 6oz Fuel Belt bottles:

< 60 degrees and < 8M: nothing
< 60 degrees and > 8M: 3oz per every 3M

> 60 degrees and < 8M: 3oz per every 3M
> 60 degrees and > 8M: 3oz per every 2M + 3oz Gatorade/3oz water mixture for every 6M

I try to limit what I drink on the road so I get used to being thirsty during races.

other comments:
1) I cannot believe that someone who calls herself rolling rock does not drink beer!

2) I have been known to substitute beer for water. :cheers:

thanks for all the input everbody----
confession: i do drink a beer or two on the weekends. i just didn't want you guys to think i was slammin' down 5 beers a night and then wondering why i might be dehydrated????

as far as Rolling Rock (the beer) goes, well, i'd rather not say.
:cheers:

Okay I love you guys...but knowing the color of your pee is just a little more 411 than I really need

I usually drink water before and after a run. Try not to drink too much right before a run though. You can get cramps. Sport drinks are good for replenishing salts lost from running.