Hi! I am over weight. I read in some magazine when you keep diet you should drink a lot of water. So, I drink about 3 liters of water. Recently, my sister tells me that drink too much water can be dangerous. Do I drink too much water? Is this true

The amount of water you drink depends on what you do each day. When you "hyper-hydrate", you can get a condition called hyponatremia. With hyponatremia, water dilutes the sodium in your bloodstream. This condition can be very dangerous because sodium plays a major role in the fluid balance of cells. Symptoms of hyponatermia may be mild and can include bloating, nausea, headaches, and vomiting. More severe symptoms can include coma, brain swelling, respiratory arrest, and death.
The optimum amount of water you should drink depends on your body weight. If you are unsure if you drink enough water, or you drink too much consult your physician. My doctor told me I was drinking too much water when he got the results of my tests during a routine exam.