I had a tubal ligation about four years ago, and over the last month I have had abdominal swelling and it looks as if I am 7 months pregnant but I had a period this month and I do not know what it could be other than could I be pregnant?

I had a tubal less than a year (June-07) ago. The only problem I had during recovery was I went back to work one week later and moved wrong and felt something pop in my stomach area with a little pain. The pain went away so I did'nt think any more about it. I am also having abdominal bloating to the extent I look pregnant. My stomach is now a lot bigger than it has ever been. I weighed 125 lbs when I went in for the surgery. I now weigh 150 at last weigh in. My incision is also hard, like scar tissue and stilll tender to pressure at times.

I went back to the doctor about a month ago. He told me the hardness of the incision will go away within a year. I've also been told that it should've gone away within a week of surgery. And as far as the bloated stomach, he said it's weight gain around the ponch, (stomach area), where a man gains weight. I am not happy with that diagnosis.

Is weight gain a side affect of the surgery? I have done nothing different, as far as diet or not exercising. The weight gain started immediately, and it's hurtting my self confidence. I went from a size 5-7, to a size 9-11. Can anyone help?????

i am 24 yrs old i had a laproscopic tubal ligation 2 months ago i am also having abdomanal swelling i loook 8 months pregnant i have had 4 periods in 2 months could u plz help me to understand whats going on

You should really go to the doctor. I also had abdominal swelling and finally an umbilical hernia. During surgery to fix the hernia my doctor found a benign tumor on my ovary that contained more than a gallon of fluid. Abdominal swelling is also a symptom of ovarian cancer. Don't ignore abdominal swelling!

hi my name is angela martinez and i had my second baby on 1/12/2009 and then had a tubal lagtion in march since then i have not had a period and been having abdomianl pain i have been to the doctor 6 time and they have told me nothing i want to know what is going on if some one can help me i would be happy ...... :-(

YOu need to find another doctor because this could be a serious problem. You are always entitled to a 2nd opinion. Don't let the doctor just blow you off~~Good Luck sweety.

Hi im 23 and i had my son 6-3-2010 and had a tubal ligation 6-4-2010 but now im having abdominal pains.. my period has came regularly.. my lower abdomin is just killing me.. Does anyone have an idea of what this is? pls help me... %-)

I've had a similar situation-my second son was born in late June of this year via C-section and I had my tubes tied at the same time. Everything seemed fine for about 7 weeks, but since returning to work I have had bouts of diarhea and nausea. These do not happen everyday now, but often enough that it is concerning to me. I went to Urgent Care and the doc thought it was food poisoning. Followed up with my family doc and he thought it was colitis. The diarhea is gone now, but still getting nausea to the point of vomiting 2-3 times weekly. Plan to go back to my family doc tomorrow.

I had a tubal ligation done six years ago after giving birth to my second child. My stomach stays bloated or swollen all the time, I look like I am about 6 months pregnant. My side hurts alot of the times, especially my left side and around my belly button and my back hurts alot of the time. I have gained quite a bit of weight. I wish I knew exactly what is causing these symptoms. I regret having the tubal done.

I am a mother of 4 boys and I gave birth to 5 and miscarried 1, after my youngest one who is nearly 3 years old. I decieded to TL which has been 18 months ago. I am only 31 years of age and not nearly old enough to menapause. Normally I lose birth weight and usaully about 135 pounds. Now I weigh 171 and look as if I am pregnant. My periods are light and spotting, todally bloated all the time and bowel moment is irregular. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE, I regret tying my precious tubes and changing my body. However I thought it would be safe alternative way of not becoming pregnant and stressing my body. Sighs, now after frequent outpatient clinic visits and exams (xray, ct scan and ulterasound) blood tests and urine tests. I am being treated for UTI and founod out I have am umbical hernia. Which I believe maybe the reason to bloating and irregular bowel moments, side pain and back act. A month ago my lower back was in pain and I couldn't move or eat. I was loaded with poop, I WAS FULL OF c**p. Sounds silly but it hurt and was uncomfortable. I miss my tubes being in full funtion. Now to think of this I remember within 6 months after TL I used to get night sweats and my breast feel full all the time too.

I'm the same and have found no answers.  I have an IUD and est.cream.  I hate it I also have no sex drive.  I really and angry with my doctor.  I think she should have informed me of this.

I have the same symptoms Put on estragin and IUD for the hormone replacement.  I don't have any sex drive either.  Hate it.  I gained 30 lbs.  I think doctors should tell us about this.  I am really angry.

check out post tubal ligation syndrom

hey everyone check post tubal ligation syndrom.  I had a baby four years ago and diagnosed with ptls. 

Hello- I actually wanted to thank every one for posting comments on this website. I actually was considering gettting TL done this coming month in October but after really doing my homework and research I think I might just hold of and keep my IUD for the next four years. I have never heard of women having issues after TL but also everyone I know has and IUD(Mirena) and claims they love it so do I but if I know that I absolutly dont want any more kids I just wanted something more permanently. I wish my doctor would have told me a bit more about the procedure than just making it seem like it was a piece of cake since it was done as and outpatient app.