hello everyone and happy holidays. this is going to be a long statment so i hope you have time to read this. i was recently diagnosed with chlamydia last week and i have been in a monogamous marriage for 11yrs. and both me and my husband have been 110% faithful to one another. so when i tested positive for chlamydia i was crying, totally stressed, out and thinking the worse. my husband of course stated that he had never cheated on me, but when you get a positive result for an std. it can be very shocking. because most people trust their health care to be accurate with results.. well because of my gut feeling and disbelief i demanded a retest. also i had my husband right away submit a urine sample which is the way men are tested for chlamydia. meanwhile my husband and i were going back and forth on the blame. i know that chlamydia can lye dormant in anyone person for sometime but not for 11yrs. if someone says that they are wrong. it takes usually 1 to 3 weeks after exposure to develope systems. also i have researched that a simple bacterial vaginosis can have the same systems as the chlamydia disease. so meanwhile me and my husband are totally stressed out about the whole situation and i was doing extensive research about the std and other vaginal infections. but i am happy to say that my retest was negative. and i will never know how i tested positive when in actuality i was neg. for the std chlamydia, which can only be transmited by sexual activity. so if anyone out there is in the same position i seriously advise you to first test the other person and get yourself retetsed before any blame. because this has happened to many couples in monogomous relationships. some people may say that stds are not a big deal but to many people out there it is a very big deal especially to people who have never had one. well i seriously hope that this information will make people to do research on this disease to better educate themselves. oh and also if you are tested by an obgyn and they automatically insist that you take the antibiotic for chlamydia don't i mean if you are sexually active then ok but if you are married and you believe that both of you are faithful do not take the medication for chlamydia because you might develope an immunity to the medicine. well happy holidays to everyone out there. and have a great weekend if anyone has any questions for me just reply to this message

You Need to do some further research here. Clammydia goes through cell stages of being dormant and active. When you tested pos your disease was in the burts stage of the cell activity than a few weeks later it was dormant which resulted in a neg test. Also Clamydia will live in a host indefinatly until it is successfully treated.