Celebrity

Hey,

I am hoping to start a general informative thread where we can discuss our favorite moistuirizers for the summer months, as our skin has different needs during the hotter months compared to the rest of the year. Whether you have a specific moisturizer to recommend, an ingredient, or a natural oil or butter, I would personally like to hear from you because I am on the lookout for a good summer moisturizer for a person with dry skin, but I am sure others will benefit from your suggestions as well. 

So bring it on! List your best moisturizers for summer!

Rosie

You usually do not need a very thick, heavy day cream during the hot summer months, even if you normally tend to suffer from severely dry skin during the winter months. You want something to "feed" your skin and keep it hydrated and smooth without adding too much richness to, on the other end of the spectrum, cause oily skin. Olay active hydrating beauty fluid has been great for me in summer in the past though it isn't enough in winter. I have also liked Origins balanced diet lightweight moisture lotion for those really hot months. Anything similar is likely to help you out, mind you.

Hmmm... I'd be good to choose a summer moisturiser that has some kind of sun protective factor in it, you know? This may or may not be enough to cover you completely but anything is always better than nothing anyways. Aveeno Postively Radiant with SPF 30 is one of those for instance, well worth it and a good brand if you generally suffer from sensitive skin too... There's a Neutrogena oil free one too that's got SPF 15 and that's not enough but again better than nothing. I'm not sure if you want oil free with your dry skin though... but anyways, look for one with an SPF.

I don't really want to get into specific moisturizer recommendations here as I find that it doesn't really matter... I pick anything from the drugstore that strikes my fancy, such as Nivea, Garnier, Olay, it doesn't really matter if you have a normal skin type that isn't sensitive, dry, or oily, which I have. You just want to make sure that you choose a more lightweight less nourishing moisturizer for summer because you just don't need that and it will make your face shiny. Look for "aqua" type moisturizers that infuse water rather than oil.

OK, personally, I have just found this new great stuff and it seems to work wonderfully and is soaked up by the skin in no time and doesn't leave any oily residue, and your skin feels wonderful and smooth. I bought it off the internet and it is called Prickly Pear oil. There is a hint of orange in there. It smells wonderful. Obviously I don't know if it works for everyone but like I said it is wonderful for me and just another option to look into that is definitely light enough for summer unlike many other oils.

Aloe vera and jojoba oil are both great ingredients for summer moisturizers. As everyone else already said, summer moisturizers need to be much lighter than the heavy and creamy moisturizers we use in winter, and their label descriptions can help you pick. A gel moisturizer, or something labeled a lotion, will do your skin favors in the summer. If you are not sure what to pick though, it is always good to ask your salesperson what moisturizer is best for summer. You can also do a web search for summer moisturizers suited to your particular skin type, of course, and there is plenty to find. 

To fight summer skin dryness, remember that you sweat more during hotter times and that you still need to moisturize. At the same time, you need to know that the skin makes more oil when the sun is out and that you need to not combat this by using aggressive products. Stay away from actual soap bars. Never forget to use a sunscreen and do not spend too much time out in the sun. Coconut oil has qualities that bounce off UV rays and keep your skin nicely hydrated. If you are going to use swimming pools, rinse yourself off nicely before and after swimming.