Now that I am 46, my skin is slowly but surely starting to show real signs of aging. When I was younger, I never really paid that much attention to my skin. I did travel a lot though, including being a backpacker in my early 20s, picking oranges and olives in France and Greece. I am sure all the sun exposure didn't do my skin that much good, but I don't regret anything! In my "old age", I am finally becoming a bit of a makeup and skincare lover. Now everyone is talking about this Rodin Olio lusso. It is ridiculously priced for such a small bottle but everyone raves about it so I'm wondering... is this an expensive fad or something really worth buying? I know it's full of essential oils and it's not your average skincare product, but I am not sure whether to put it in my cart or not. 

Reviews appreciated!

You definitely have an expensive taste! And why not give yourself the ultimate luxury for the skin if you can? Life is too short to fill it only with worries and we all need to pamper ourselves a little. Rodin's Olio Lusso will do that for you. Filled with her favorite essential oils, this oil will be good for you whether you are after something that nourishes your skin because it's dry, or you have oily or really sensitive skin. That's why this is so good. It works on every single skin type because it gives the skin what it needs. You only need two tiny drops twice a day. Just massage them into the skin everywhere, and especially if your skin is a little damp it will work miracles, and I mean literally.

This is what is called an oil serum. Yes, you only need a few drops and the oil does not leave your skin looking oily or greasy at all! In fact, right after using it my skin feels smooth and looks young. Oil Lusso is made with the best quality oils around. They are organic, cold pressed and smell heavenly in combination. Some people are talking about making their own, but if you want to go for the real deal, I have no doubt that you will see much better results!

I got this olio lusso as a birthday gift and though I have to admit that it does smell lovely, I am really not sure what all the hype is about. It did nothing in particular for my skin. The oils are really quite basic and nothing you couldn't whip up in your own kitchen, which if I understand correctly is in fact exactly what she did. I have no horror stories. I mean, it didn't make my skin flake, or blister, or too oily, or too dry, but then again neither does the much (much) cheaper oil based moisturizer I get from the local health food store. In short, I can think of better things to spend $170 though it was lovely of my sister to get this for me and I would never tell her.

Oh, olio lusso (which means luxury oil) is a fad without a doubt. It was one of those things celebrities bought before and that's the reason so many people want it now that it's available to all of us. Estee Lauder actually bought it, obviously thinking it can make a profit, so enough people must be buying this thing now, for $170 an ounce no less. Does it work? Probably, but I know I am not going to be buying it for that price. You can actually read the ingredient list and buy one ounce bottles of every single oil that is in there for much less than $170. Then you can make your own, many times over. It's a fad in part because it's so overpriced so people think it must work magic, but if you like to have some money left over for other stuff, DIY is the route to go.

It's true that there is a lot of hype around Rodin and this product in particular. That is for good reason: you get a bottle of the finest ingredients possible, in a beautiful, elegant bottle, and it smells perfect. This is a little bottle of pure luxury. Regular use of Olio Lusso evened out my skin, reduced wrinkles and even made the chicken pox scar that I had had since girlhood much less noticeable. It is absorbed incredibly fast, the pump dispenses the oil in the right amount, and if you have dry skin, this will be your friend too.