Hi, I have moderate acne and need help. I want to know if effects from benzoyl peroxide last, or it has to be applied constantly? I used some cosmetical products, but now I want to take real medicine.

Benzoyl peroxide is applied once or twice a day, as a cleansing liquid, lotion, cream, and gel for external use. At first apply small amount to check your skin’s reaction. Start with once daily to see how your skin reacts to this medication. Avoid anything that may irritate your skin. Many cosmetic products contain comedogenous substances, which enable development of bacteria and acne. Results will not be seen instantly, it takes usualy 4-6 weeks to improve skin condition. If children under 12 want to use it they must check it with doctor. There are different portions of benzoyl peroxide in products: 5%, 10% and even 25%, so you can switch to more or less potent treatment.