Hello. I'm 19 years old female and just recently I started to suffer from acne which are located mostly on my face. My mother recommended me to use soap and warm water every night and I did- but this wasn’t so helpful. So, I'm interested in some skin products that can relieve my symptoms.
One friend recommended me some skin products called Proactive Solutions. She doesn’t know anything about it or about ingredients and that’s why I'm worried-should I use them. I have heard that some these products aren’t even dermatological tested. Anyone knows maybe more information about this?

I understand why you are worried. I have used these products and I know a bit about them. Proactive Solution products that your friend recommended you are probably one of the best on the market today.
You see, I don’t know a lot about ingredients but I know that’s based
on some Benzoyl peroxide which has been successful in treating blackhead acne, whiteheads acne and nodules.
Also I would like to inform that this is 3 step system and you use three different products that are meant to work together.
You don’t have to worry about unwanted skin reactions also because it is tested by some of the best dermatologist in the country.
So, my suggestions is - run to your local pharmacy and buy your self a pack of these products and you will see that everything I said was true.

Please be careful when trying Proactiv - TEST it first. My entire face is DRIED OUT and has formed a weird rash and almost.. tough surface on it after ONE USE OF THE STUFF. I am itching and dry and tight-- and have a weird bumpy rash down my neck! NIGHTMARE.

I was so excited to purchase this product. I am 31 years old so I am not just a teeny bopper pushing you away from this product. By my 3rd day of using it my entire face was bright red and it burned and itched really bad. It felt like a chemical burn and when in the sun it was horribly painful!! I have very sensitive skin and this may be why.....I just want anyone that uses it to be careful! I use Clearasil cleanser in the shower every morning and Nuetrogena Astringent every morning and it has worked perfectly! You could even follow that up with a face lotion for half the price of Pro Activ! The key is consistency. Plus beware that they try and get you to join a club and buy vitamins and several other products when you call to order proactiv. It was a 15 minute phone call.

Hi Henis,
I did a search for proactive and most of the result showed a common flaw.
You can check this...
"Proactiv is on the right track, but some major flaws seem to prevent it from delivering on its promises to many people. In my opinion, the cleanser they include is overly irritating. Furthermore, they tell you to wash for one to two minutes which adds to the irritation. The benzoyl peroxide they provide is 2.5% which is a good call. However, they recommend a "thin layer". For dramatic clearing, one needs to use a generous amount of benzoyl peroxide after a few weeks of slowly ramping up the dosage. When you do use a generous amount of Proactiv's benzoyl peroxide lotion, its scent will tend to nauseate.

It will prove cheaper and more beneficial to buy an over-the-counter gentle cleanser, an unscented 2.5% benzoyl peroxide medication, and an oil-free moisturizer. However, if you currently own Proactiv Solution products, don't throw out the benzoyl peroxide lotion. If you can handle the smell, it should work fine. Just be generous with it. I would not recommend using their cleanser. The toner they include is probably fine to use, but is unnecessary. "

Bottom Line: Might work for you, and if you have severe acne like i did - anything is worth a try. Just if you're like me and have sensitive skin (like moi) then yoy might wanna restrain from the scrubbing face wash.

I definitely think you should use proactive because it cleaned my pimples right up in one week that's it but I did make my skin dry up but not that much I definitely recommend proactive