i waspopping a bunch of pimples on my right side of my lip and after a day they all combined and became infected. They are red, bumpy, and scabbing. I dont know what medication to use on it I am using antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, vinegar, cold sore and blister chapstick, ice cubes, and astringent. If there is anything else i should be doin please let me know my email is ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
please let me know soon because i have vacation, thanks

here's the thing:

those pimples were most likely the start of a cold sore. popping them was basically the WORST thing you could have done. those scabby red bumps would've formed eventually without you popping the "pimples", but they would be much less severe, and there wouldn't be as many bumps.

the only thing you can really do is find a method that works: ice, honey, rubbing alcohol, SOMETHING.
try them all, but DO NOT do them all in one day or you'll irritate the coldsores.

(note that sometimes, peroxide and cold sore treatments may furthur inflame the area)

Well, I've battled with acne for over 10 years so I know what it's like, and now that I've cleared my own skin, I want to help you clear your skin too.

I've had really bad acne twice in my life, once at 18 then again at 27. For me adult acne brought cysts along with it. If you've never had cystic acne, you don't want it. It's painful and it sits under the skin for weeks before it goes away. Doctor prescribed me Tazorac gel by SPAM. I applied it on affected area. After week my acne gone completely with out any marks.

If you have persistent acne, talk to your doctor about accutane. I also battled acne for many years until I did a 6 month course of 80mg/day of 'tane.

What about doxycycline?

seroiusly i have the same exact thing going on!!! what worked for me is get organic honey and put it on the effected area and cover it with a bandade while sleeping it will pull the infection to the surface i did that once and it drastically decreased and looks not so gross and its a natural way so it wont lower your ammunity like those sick antibiotics!!! :-) good luck!!!