the acne prone skin is not looking good. i am hoping to clear the skin up so the visibility of acne is less and perhaps clear and glowing skin can be mine some day. the acne, it has really blemished my face skin for many years and i wish that it could become a thing in the past some time. the jaw lines and the cheeks are the big problem points for me. so for this reason, i am asking advise me on a good cleanser for the acne prone skin i have please. this is able to produce a visible different to the skin, i have heard.

thank you for your help. 

Oh boy, do I know what you mean!!! If you look for cleansers that contain benzoyl peroxide and/or salicylic acid, your skin will start looking a bit better. It's preventative care for acne-prone skin, really. Knowing that the wrong cleanser can totally make your acne worse rather than better, I get wanting advice from other people.

Here are some good cleansers for acne-prone skin that you could check out: Clarisonic Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser, Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser, First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay, and REN ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser. All of these can be purchased at Sephora.

WHERE IS MY AVATAR GONE?

I came here and was logged out and just saw that my avatar was gone. Just logged back in and there it was again. Am I the only person who can see it???

Hi there,

One thing that I have found to be very helpful in treating my acne ridden face is using green clay masks regularly, like two or three times a week. Clay masks naturally draw out your dirt, oil and the toxins that make your skin so prone to acne. It is also used to reduce pore size, and to soften your skin. My face will feel very nice and smooth after using a clay mask and it also feels tighter at the same time — there's nothing like fighting wrinkles while treating your acne, is there? :)

HTH

I'll say it here as well, because it's so awesome. Look into "The Oil Cleansing Method". Though we're lead to believe that oil is the enemy of acne prone skin and oily skin in general, our skin actually needs oil, which is why it produces it. By using natural oils, a combination of castor oil and another thinner oil (I prefer extra virgin olive oil), we can clean the impurities out of our skin and end up with natural beauty that is free from acne and impurities. I recommend that you research this method and draw your own conclusions. It works for me, and I believe it can work for you as well.

EGG WHITES!!! Seriously, people! I started using egg whites on my skin when a friend told me it helped her get smooth skin. She said it would soak the skin, make the impurities come out, and then close the pores. I was convinced this was nonsense but was ready to try it. You just crack an egg and remove the yolk part completely, then put the egg white on your skin. My skin broke out worse to begin with. The impurities needed to come out, I think. After that, it really gave me improvements.

Celebrity

Hey,

The Body Shop's Tea Tree Clearing Skin Wash is a very good cleanser for a skin that's sensitive to breakouts. The gel will not dry your skin out, but will clear and prevent impurities and give your skin a calm feel. There is also a Tea Tree Toner to go along with this product, and together they will really benefit your skin. Beware: tea tree is great because of its antibacterial properties, but if you have never used it before, be prepared to be slightly overwhelmed by its strong smell at first. Not everyone likes the smell, but you will probably get used to it pretty quickly. 

A good cleanser can go a long way towards making your acne prone skin look better, but choose wrong and your skin will not forgive you...

Salicylic acid will lessen your inflammation and redness, which you inevitably have, while sodium sulfacetamide will kill the bacteria that contribute to acne formation. You will also need a good moisturizer, something with glycerin. For cleansers, you will want something without alcohol. You will want to cleanse twice a day and make sure not to scrub but to massage instead. Wash it off and put it on using only your hands and not cloths that can only make things worse for you. Yes, the right cleanser is important, but so is how you apply it and take it off.

A good cleanser is important, but if you want to beat acne, you are going to have to do more than that. Drinking more water, making sure you eat lots of veggies, and exercising regularly are all things that help improve acne prone skin significantly, but which many people with acne overlook. Makeup is another culprit. The worse your skin looks, the more likely you are going to be to apply all sorts of covering foundations and (probably oil based) primers to your skin. This clogs the pores even more and the result is - of course - even more acne.

As for cleanser, I go for the Avène Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser. I also started using something called Epiduo which really benefited my skin. But these are not a solution of themselves. You have to approach acne as a whole body problem if you want to eliminate it eventually.

I'm 16 and going through that nasty acne phase right now. I'm using the acne.org cleanser which doesn't dry out the skin, last a long time per bottle, I have the 12 oz one which is a lot cheaper compared to the 8 oz bottle and it leaves my skin feeling soft and cared for. I am happy with it and will not try any other cleanser, like ever, because there's no need. I just stick to what works. You only need a little bit by the way, no need to put on lots and lots, which will make it last longer as well.

I used to use Biore Revitalize 4 In 1 Self Foaming Cleanser, which worked really well for me, with a soothing feel to the skin thanks to the eucalyptus as well, but I haven't been able to find that product for a while now. Since then, I have tried a bunch of different products and have no found "the one" yet. I think I will try the Tea Tree Clearing Skin Wash and Avène Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser that were mentioned here... but I am lurking to see what else people suggest. Still bummed I can't find the cleanser I like any more...

I can well-understand your situation. Till last year, I had the same issue as you of acne prone skin, I used so many skin care products and cleanser for getting rid of my problem but nothing worked for me. Then one day I find a story about a girl with the same story and I asked her about what is the solution for the problem she suggested me Aroma Magic Mint cleanser, you won't believe it's starting showing difference in just two weeks 30 percent of my acne area of face is clean. And now my whole skin is clear. So, must try If you wanna guaranteed results!

Hey, I'm surprised not to see Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub mentioned here already. I have acne prone skin and my skin does really well on this scrub, my skin is soften and more acne free than it has been in a long time. This is a gentle scrub that still exfoliates, because it has beads in it, so if you have flaky skin this will stop it. The salicylic acid is the main acne fighting ingredient, and Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub is also oil free, which means it doesn't aggravate your skin and you can use it every single day without a worry.

You need to wash your face twice a day with a cleanser specifically designed for acne prone skin. Because washing your face not only washes away the impurities that ultimately lead to acne but also the natural oils that your skin still needs even if you have oily skin, the trick is dont forget to moisturize your skin. Use a good one again for acne prone skin. For spot treatment why not try a 5% salicylic acid solution applied with a q-tip? The thing is to wash that off after 30 mins or so and not leave it over night otherwise you will be prone to dry patches, which are no good either.