Hi, my face is covered in acne, and I’m considering benzoyl peroxide. I heard that it helps a lot, but I don’t know anything important about this drug. Is it good for the skin?

Hi, benzoyl peroxide is used only on areas that are affected with acne, so you don’t have to worry that it would damage your skin. It can sometimes cause irritation, but it only happens when someone takes more than prescribed, or in those people who are allergic to benzoyl peroxide. It is available as lotion, cream, gel, cleansing bar, stick or mask, and it’s up to you what will you use. You should never take more than your doctor prescribed, and don’t forget to clean the area with nonmedicated soap before applying benzoyl peroxide. You have to be patient, because you’ll see the results in 4-6 weeks. I’m not sure that this drug is good for you’re your skin because it’s aggressive, but it certainly helps with acne. I don’t think that something that bleaches your hair and colored fabrics can be good for your skin, but it’s your choice. If I had acne, and if nothing else worked for me, I thin I would use benzoyl peroxide.

Roxanne, the side effects are mild. Usually burning will accure and that's all I've noticed really. Other than that, you can dab your affected areas and wash away a clear face & say good riddens to ACNE :-)