Hi i have allways had very intense and very painful period cramps. i was told that if you have very painful period cramps that your contractions will be very very painful as well. is this true? i was just curious. could anyone answer this?

cgc17,
I am not sure that I would equate painful period cramps with painful labor contractions. Labor in and of itself is very intense, although it differs from one woman to another. There are really no 2 alike stories when it comes to contractions. Also, when you are in labor with contractions, there are MANY different options available..... like different lamaze classes etc., and also the "good old" epidural. Some prefer it, some dont. I wouldnt worry myself about the prospect of the pain. Giving birth is a VERY beautiful gift. It is definetely diffictult at times.