I know that constipation mean problem with stools. However, I have always thinking that could happen only to adults that are feeding wrong. Now I have a baby and one friend of mine asked me if I have noticed infant constipation. This surprised me so I want to ask could my baby be constipated if I am breastfeeding him? I would like to hear more about infant constipation, so I would appreciate any info you could give me.

First, you should know that constipation means infrequent, hard stools. It does not mean grunting or straining, although your baby may certainly exhibit these behaviors. That is why the first question to ask is if your child is really constipated. To know this you have to realize how normal function of the colon is to remove water from the stool. Otherwise, we would rapidly dehydrate and die, and that is why severe diarrhea is dangerous. The same as with adults, infants’ stool is moving through the colon and being expelled from the body. If that is happening too fast, there is no time to reabsorb properly the stool water back into the bloodstream. Conversely, if the fecal material remains in the colon too long, the water removal process may extract too much of the fecal water. Then stool mass is leaved excessively dry and hard. So constipation arises when feces remain in the colon too long, and when it happens with baby is called infant constipation. Important thing you should know is that breast-fed babies are essentially never truly constipated.

Im only 14 i have some info I have learned that if a baby is constipated try feeding them water. If theyre older try giving them certain juices. When theyre eating solids feeding them prunes also helps. I have learned this beacuse my sister had a baby a while back...
don't worry its not a serious problem lots of babys have digestive problems beacause things arent all the way developed yet. For example my sisters baby had a gastric reflex deal when he was born he would spitup alot medicene was givin by a doctor and tips too. try seeing a doctor if u are really concerned